Looking for an ice cream alternative? This fluffy, rich chocolate mousse is so easy to make and will be the perfect filling in your Chocolate Hazelnut cone!
What you need:
- 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ounce sugar
What to do:
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl over double boiler at a low simmer. Stir the chocolate till completely melted. Place on the side to cool down.
- Whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form and it becomes a whipped cream consistency.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites till they form soft peaks. Sprinkle in the sugar and whisk for another minute.
- Fold stiff egg whites into melted chocolate mixture. Before they are fully incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Mix until everything is completely blended.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop or pipe the mousse into your hazelnut chocolate chip cone. Garnish with shaved chocolate, diced strawberries, or even pretzels for an extra delicious touch!
Konery Tip- If you don't FULLY melt your chocolate, the mousse will not be completely smooth!