Apple Crisp is a favorite on its own, but now even more delicious paired with vanilla ice cream, warm caramel and a crunchy Cinnamon Brown Sugar cone
What you need:
- 3 1/3 cups granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon oat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the diced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. In a separate bowl, mix the white sugar, flour and cinnamon together, then sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the crisp cool down. Have your caramel, ice cream and cinnamon brown sugar cone ready. Scoop some vanilla ice cream into the cone, proceeded by a large spoonful of apple crisp. Drizzle caramel over the the top and take a big bite!
Ps. Oat flour makes this recipe gluten free and also adds an extra pop of flavor! If you cannot find oat flour, it can be substituted with all purpose or any other kind of flour.