This Caramel recipe is so fun and simple to prepare. The hardest part is not eating the entire pan of it!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
What to do:
- Put brown sugar, butter and heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow all ingredients to melt together and whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Continue whisking and add the vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Whisk for about 5-6 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. The longer you cook the caramel, the thicker it will become. But be careful not to burn it and take it off the heat immediately if you see the sides starting to get a blackish color!
- Remove from heat and let the caramel cool.