This vanilla cake is buttery, light and a "piece of cake" to put together! Crumble it over ice cream in a Birthday Cake cone for a truly tasty present.
What you need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9inch round pan or 9x13 sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Place a toothpick inside center of cake to test it is fully cooked.
- Once cake has cooled, cut into small cubes and sprinkle over ice cream in birthday cake kone.
- Drizzle with chocolate ganache
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts and top with cherry whipped cream